Yes it’s true. If you want to lose weight you have to eat less.
In other words, take in less calories than you expend. Knowing that is the easy part. But how do you eat less and somehow manage to not be pissed off at the world? Now that’s where the difficulty comes into play.
Below you’ll find 28 of the best tips on how to eat less that the internet has to offer. If you’ve got some good ones that have somehow been overlooked by me and my team (fyi – there is no team I just like to sound like a big deal) then please put them in the comments section.
28 Tips to Eat Less
- Do not eat in your car
- Only eat in the kitchen
- Don’t eat at your desk
- Do not eat after 7pm (or within 4 hours of whatever your bed time is)
- Only eat food that’s on a plate
- Eat smaller meals but eat more often
- Eat your vegetables first
- Eat slower and chew your food at least 20 times
- Chew gum or have mints instead of a snack
- Wait at least 20 minutes before having seconds
- Have a cup of hot tea after your meal – and before having seconds
- Chew gum or have mints while cooking or baking
- Dish up your food in the kitchen – not the dining room table
- Brush your teeth more often and/or after each meal
- Order an appetizer as your main dish
- Share a plate with your spouse when dining out
- Leave some food on your plate – no matter how small
- Stop drinking your calories – there are plenty of zero calorie options for you
- No buffets!
- Keep snacks out of sight
- Even better – keep junk snack foods out of your house
- Shop on a full stomach
- Put your fork down between each bite
- Use smaller plates
- Get a to-go box
- Drink a full glass of water before you start eating
- Eat high water content foods
- Eat high fiber foods
Remember WHY you want to eat less
You want to lose weight, or more appropriately, lose fat. It doesn’t matter what diet guru’s tell you about how out of whack your hormones are or that you must eat 23 times a day (exaggeration) to keep your blood sugar levels balanced and that you need to keep your cortisol levels as low as possible and do all the best “fat burning” exercises and …blah, blah, blah it goes on and on and on with the “super sneaky” tricks to “finally” lose all that stubborn body fat.
It ALL breaks down to one common dietary foundation. Can you guess what that is?
If your answer is; eat less? Then you’re correct. Congratulations! Now quit celebrating and get started on your new and improved Eat Less Diet Plan.
Don’t forget…. leave a comment with your own eat less tip(s)